Tuesday 14 May 2013

Designing a Road Sign

For tis task I decided to chose the option of creating a road sign for the 'New Bridge' in Worcester City Centre. I began by researching into how images have been simplified into isotype graphics or pictograms to give myself a sense of how simple I had to design the image.


This example of a pictogram road bridge is very simplistic but It also clearly represents a bridge and so works well. The point of designing information especially for motorists is to allow them to glimpse at the design and know what it means so they are aware of what it signifies; They are not pretty and to be admired.


The images above and below show that water is represented in the form of curved lines, I may use this for my design of the bridge.



Here are a selection of road signs that I have looked through and examined how simple their appearance is.


SKETCHES


My Design




No comments:

Post a Comment